Finished work for Something Wicked

I made a lot of progress on the paintings I’d been working on for Something Wicked, and managed to get them finished and submitted just in time. I’m so happy with how they turned out!

sw art_final1.jpg

sw-art_final2

It’s been ages since I did any illustration work with acrylics, so this project was a refreshing change of pace. My original plan had been to do the black outlines with an ultra fine-tip Sharpie, but the ink bled pretty badly into the woodgrain and I ended up just painting the whole thing. I toned down the smoke design a little, too, and I think the thinner lines look nicer.

I’m really excited to hear back from the gallery about my submissions… I’ll post another update as soon as I hear something. Fingers crossed!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s