Illustration and lots of stitching

Ended up having a super-busy weekend, so I didn’t get a chance to update my blog (or even work on much art) until earlier this week. But, I did end up making a lot of progress on the projects I’ve got going on!


8-6-15_D&D character lines wmFirst up is some of the line work for my half-orc bard Nux (full character description here)… inking’s going well so far, I think. Currently trying to decide if I should make her armor red or blue, in contrast to her green skin tones. Purple could work, too, though. I’m really happy with how monster-y she looks, since I’ve never really drawn any non-sexy humanoid monsters before. I’m especially happy with how her teeth came out.

7-30-15_bat heart wmAlso, I worked on this little drawing that I came up with on a whim the other day. I love these little guys – so cute! I was initially planning to just color them digitally, but I think they’d work really well on wood panels. I’ll definitely be updating about these again soon.


crochet_photoset2crochet_scarf6Finally, I made LOTS of progress on my crochet stuff this past week. I finished my scarf, which measures about 60in, and finished off the edges to make it look nice. It’s super bulky, and a bit warm for August of course, but I’m hoping it’ll look good with my winter gear and keep me warm once it gets colder.

Looking back, I kind of wish I hadn’t made it as wide as I did, and maybe used a bigger hook so that the stitches weren’t so tight… combined with the bulky yarn, tighter stitches mean that the scarf doesn’t fold as well, and doesn’t wrap around my neck as nicely as I’d like. But it was good to learn from experience, and I’ll definitely be looking for bigger crochet hooks if I ever use this yarn again.

crochet_photoset3And, I started a new project just the other day – I’ve been wanting to make a slouchy hat since I started crocheting, and, since Michaels had a sale on the yarn I wanted to use, I went ahead and got some and stitched this in about two days! I followed this pattern, with some small modifications (since the yarn I used was a little thicker than the suggested weight). I also altered the brim a little, ending it with two rows of single crochet stitches with a J size hook, and then a row of double crochet stitches using an N hook.

I want to try making matching boot covers and gloves sometime, too… since the yarn is an acrylic and wool blend, anything I make from it should be pretty easy to clean, which is good if I plan to be wearing the stuff. Also, it’s such a pretty color!


That’s about it for this week… I have a couple of commissions I’ve been working on, but I want to get permission before posting anything about those (plus, one is a surprise, and I don’t want to risk anyone seeing it before it’s done). I’ve been really busy but also productive, which hopefully means I’ll get to update again soon! This weekend is probably going to involve me doing a lot of bone cleaning, so I’ll likely be posting about that in the next couple of days.

Advertisements

One thought on “Illustration and lots of stitching

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s